Linguine with Lemon Zest / Linguine con scorza di limone
RAVIDA is a family-run business producing world class quality olive oil from their base in Menfi, Sicily, Italy. “Some years ago, I came across these fantastic Sicilian lemons – their skin is really fragrant in cooking and they are very juicy, too – if you can’t find any, use normal lemons instead.” Jamie Oliver
- 2 organic Sicilian unwaxed lemons
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 60 g vegetarian hard cheese e.g. Cheddar or pecorino, finely grated
- 400 g dried linguine pasta
- A big handful of flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Finely grate the zest from 1 lemon into a large serving bowl, then squeeze in the juice from the other lemon.
- Drizzle in 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of black pepper and salt and the finely grated vegetarian cheese, then beat and mix together thoroughly – it’ll go thick and creamy.
- Cover with cling film and marinate for at least half an hour.
- Bring 3½ litres of water in a large deep pan to a fast boil over a medium heat, uncovered. Add salt, stir, bring back to the boil then add the linguine and cook according to the packet instructions, stirring occasionally. Drain in a colander and return to the pan.
- LinguineAndLemonNow add the lemony sauce to the linguine and shake the pan to coat each strand of pasta (the vegetarian cheese will melt when mixed with the pasta).
- Add the chopped parsley into the pasta and lemon oil mixture and stir thoroughly.
Margret, Heather and Ali have reviewed their cooking:
“The cheese, in this dish Welsh Mature Cheddar, combined well with the lemon and parsley. Could be utilised as an appetising starter. Heather, Margret and Ali”